My dog Strawberry has very sensitive skin, she has food allergies so when she is not itching it is a good thing. This shampoo not only soothes her skin it also helps heal it when she has gotten into something she shouldn’t have.
Soothing Skin Shampoo
3 oz. Castile Soap
2 oz. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
1 oz. Vegetable Glycerin
2 oz. Water
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Roman Chamomile
3 drops Myrrh
Optional: add 1 tsp. ground oatmeal
via Arin Ingraham’s “Essential Healing with Animals” Class
This safe and effective talc-free baby powder will make your baby’s skin soft, dry, and smooth.
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup Arrowroot powder
1 drop Roman Chamomile essential oil
1-2 drops Lavender essential oil
1/4 cup finely ground oats
Note: You can find Arrowroot powder at most health food stores.
Mix well and put in a shaker style bottle.
Tip: Use an empty spice jar with a sifter lid.
If you don’t have finely ground oats, combine ingredients in a blender and pulse until finely ground.
For more great idea’s visit me at: Vagabon Velda’s Essentials
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its ability to ease monthly menstrual cycles and help balance hormones. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was nicknamed “clear eyes” for its positive effects on the eyes, and it was frequently used for female discomfort, as a throat gargle, and for soothing minor skin irritations. Inhaling Clary Sage can soothe nervous tension, lighten mood, and create a sense of euphoria.
Plant Part: Flower
Aromatic Description: Woody, herbal, coniferous
Main Chemical Components: Linalyl acetate
- Soothes monthly discomfort associated with menstrual cycles
- Helps balance hormones
- Soothes nervous tension and lightens mood
- Calming and soothing to the skin
- For menstrual discomfort, rub three to five drops on the abdomen.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Apply to feet or pulse points to help balance hormones.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with a carrier oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Visit me on Facebook for more ways to use essential oils: https://www.facebook.com/VagabonVeldaEssentials
By Hectonichus (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons
Roman Chamomile grows close to the ground, reaching only up to a foot in height. It has gray-green leaves, flowers that resemble a daisy, and smells like apple. The plant has been nicknamed the “plant’s physician,” because it has positive effects on plants growing nearby. Ancient Romans used the oil for mental clarity and courage during war. While the most common use of chamomile is in teas, Roman Chamomile can also be found in face creams, drinks, hair dyes, shampoos, and perfumes. Roman Chamomile has a therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind, and body. It soothes body systems and promotes a healthy inflammatory response.
- Plant Part: Flower
- Aromatic Description: Floral, sweet, herbaceous
- Main Chemical Components: Isobutyl angelate, isoamyl angelate
- Has a therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind, and body
- Soothes the systems of the body
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer, shampoo, or conditioner to promote youthful looking skin and hair.
- Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas or hot drinks to soothe the body and mind.
- Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
CAUTIONS Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Visit me on Facebook for more ways to use essential oils: https://www.facebook.com/VagabonVeldaEssentialOils