My dog Strawberry has very sensitive skin, she has food allergies so when she is not itching it is a good thing. This shampoo not only soothes her skin it also helps heal it when she has gotten into something she shouldn’t have.
Soothing Skin Shampoo
3 oz. Castile Soap
2 oz. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
1 oz. Vegetable Glycerin
2 oz. Water
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Roman Chamomile
3 drops Myrrh
Optional: add 1 tsp. ground oatmeal
via Arin Ingraham’s “Essential Healing with Animals” Class
Roman Chamomile grows close to the ground, reaching only up to a foot in height. It has gray-green leaves, flowers that resemble a daisy, and smells like apple. The plant has been nicknamed the “plant’s physician,” because it has positive effects on plants growing nearby. Ancient Romans used the oil for mental clarity and courage during war. While the most common use of chamomile is in teas, Roman Chamomile can also be found in face creams, drinks, hair dyes, shampoos, and perfumes. Roman Chamomile has a therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind, and body. It soothes body systems and promotes a healthy inflammatory response.
- Plant Part: Flower
- Aromatic Description: Floral, sweet, herbaceous
- Main Chemical Components: Isobutyl angelate, isoamyl angelate
- Has a therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind, and body
- Soothes the systems of the body
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer, shampoo, or conditioner to promote youthful looking skin and hair.
- Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas or hot drinks to soothe the body and mind.
- Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
CAUTIONS Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Visit me on Facebook for more ways to use essential oils: https://www.facebook.com/VagabonVeldaEssentialOils