Here are three essential oil Recipes for cleaning the house:
- Add 12 drops of any citrus essential oil,
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- And water in a 16–20 ounce spray bottle.
- Add 10 drops of Melaleuca/Tea Tree essential oil
- ¼ cup Castile soap
- ¼ cup of Baking soda to a bucket of water
- Mix and mop
- Mix 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar in a spray bottle
- Add 15 drops of Lemon essential oil to the bottle.
Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Due to its high limonene content, Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits, can soothe an irritated throat, and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to improve mood and cognitive ability.
Plant Part: Lemon rinds (peel)
Aromatic Description: Clean, fresh, citrus, bright
Main Chemical Components: d-Limonene; alpha and beta pinenes
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
- Supports healthy respiratory function
- Promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability
- Diffuse and take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean and disinfect tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
CAUTIONS Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Visit me on Facebook for more ways to use essential oils: https://www.facebook.com/VagabonVeldaEssentials
Photograph by Elena Chochkova (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 4.0-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons
Do you know that by rubbing 1 to 2 drops of lemon essential oil on gum, oil, grease, sap and crayon it will remove it. You can also combine water with lemon oil to clean counter tops. Ummmm smell that lemony goodness! Try using it on your silverware!