Fennel can grow up to six feet in height and has delicate, feathery leaves. The history of Fennel dates back to ancient times when Roman warriors were said to have consumed Fennel to make them strong and ready for battle. Fennel is best known for its distinct licorice aroma and taste, yet its ability to ease digestive troubles and monthly menstrual cycles are equally noteworthy. Fennel can be added to tea to calm the digestive system as well as the mind and emotions. Fennel can be very soothing when applied to the abdomen during monthly menstrual cycles and those same properties can lessen the discomfort associated with minor skin irritations. Fennel is also known to support a healthy lymphatic system.
Plant Part: Seed
Aromatic Description: Licorice, sweet, honey
Main Chemical Components: Benzene, anethole, limonene
- Relieves indigestion and digestive troubles
- Eases monthly menstrual cycles
- Supports a healthy lymphatic system
- Calms minor skin irritation
- Rub Fennel on your stomach or on the bottom of your feet to help ease menstrual or digestive discomfort.
- Put a drop of Fennel under your tongue to help fight sweet tooth cravings.
- Add to desserts for an additional depth of flavor.
- Add 1–2 drops in a glass of warm water or tea to help settle digestive upset.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
CAUTIONS Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Visit me on Facebook for more ways to use essential oils: https://www.facebook.com/VagabonVeldaEssentialOils