With thousands of years of documented use, this oil has a high value to many users. Hawaiian Sandalwood has a rich, sweet, woody aroma that instills calmness and well-being, making it a perfect oil to incorporate into massage or aromatherapy. Sandalwood is very soothing and nourishing to the skin, making it highly sought after in body and skin care products. Hawaiian Sandalwood can reduce the appearance of scars, blemishes, and stretch marks while providing an overall youthful-looking complexion. In addition to being soothing and nourishing to the skin, Hawaiian Sandalwood provides these same effects to the mind, helping to reduce stress and tension and promote emotional well-being.
Plant Part: Wood
Aromatic Description: Rich, honey, sweet, woody
Main Chemical Components: Alpha santalol
- Promotes healthy, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of scars and blemishes
- Enhances mood
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath to promote relaxation and reduce stress
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Your favorite carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Visit me on Facebook for more ways to use essential oils: https://www.facebook.com/VagabonVeldaEssentialOils
User:KarlM [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons